Ivan Milic - Networks expert Ivan Milic CEO Ivan Milic

Top Menu

× To post a question you must be signed in.

Keeps \r\n from Excel spreadsheet

29 Nov 2020 13:02 #5995 by apex
Keeps \r\n from Excel spreadsheet was created by apex
Hi I have the Excel-like manager for woocommerce.
When I import an Excel file it is keeping the \r\n in the descriptions. How can I stop this from happening? Ideally I want it to replace with line break.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Nov 2020 13:52 #5996 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Keeps \r\n from Excel spreadsheet
Hi,

why exactly \n is problem??? Is it added to original html or is it displayed like that???

29 Nov 2020 14:15 #5997 by apex
Replied by apex on topic Keeps \r\n from Excel spreadsheet
Hi in the column 'cf_post_content' inside excel I have e.g.

<h1>HP CE272A<\/h1>\\r\\n<strong>Model:\u00a0<\/strong>HP CE272A Yellow Laser Toner Cartridge\\r\\n\\r\\n<strong>Manufacturer:\u00a0<\/strong>Hewlett-Packard\\r\\n\\r\\n<strong>Manufacturer Model Number:\u00a0<\/strong>CE272A\\r\\n\\r\\n<strong>Product Type:\u00a0<\/strong>Laser Toner Cartridge\\r\\n\\r\\n<strong>Product Description:<\/strong>\\r\\n\\r\\nThe yellow CE272A cartridge is designed by HP to bring you excellent performance and value. The cartridge has been manufactured to a high standard and is estimated to allow you to print 15,000 pages. The CE272A cartridge fits in with any business environment and will deliver professional and detailed prints for all your needs.\\r\\n\\r\\n<strong>Print Colour:<\/strong> Yellow\\r\\n\\r\\n<strong>Packaged Quantity:\u00a0<\/strong>1 Pack\\r\\n\\r\\n<strong>Approximate Print Yield: <\/strong>15,000 pages @ 5% average coverage\\r\\n\\r\\n<strong>This toner will work with the following HP Laser Printers:<\/strong>\\r\\n<ul>\\r\\n \t<li>HP Colour LaserJet CP5520<\/li>\\r\\n \t<li>HP Colour LaserJet CP5525DN<\/li>\\r\\n \t<li>HP Colour LaserJet CP5525N<\/li>\\r\\n \t<li>HP Colour LaserJet CP5525XH<\/li>\\r\\n \t<li>HP Colour LaserJet Enterprise M750DN<\/li>\\r\\n \t<li>HP Colour LaserJet Enterprise M750N<\/li>\\r\\n \t<li>HP Colour LaserJet Enterprise M750XH<\/li>\\r\\n<\/ul>

This is displayed exactly on the product description on the website. We didn't add any \r\n or \u00a
I exported and it was like this.
What is the solution to fix this?
Thank you!

30 Nov 2020 09:00 #5998 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Keeps \r\n from Excel spreadsheet
Hi,

we would need to see file you imported and site back-end access to inspect this. Please do not post here any access data , write to our support email instead.

Thanks,

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds